- Comb through your wig. Be sure it is free of knots and tangles.
- With a large-toothed brush in one hand and your wig in the other, hold wig upright under gently running lukewarm water.
- Brush wig in the same direction as the flowing water. Do this until wig is thoroughly wet.
- Use any good shampoo that you would comfortably use for your own hair (preferably one formulated for dry hair) and brush consistently in the same direction through the wig until entire wig is thoroughly shampooed.
- Rinse well with the help of your brush until all of the shampoo is out.
- If necessary, repeat until the water is clear and clean.
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION